You have bought a beautiful clock for your home. With time, like everything else, this clock will also lose its shine and beauty. Therefore, you will definitely need something to clean your prized clock with, and there is no better thing than cleaning chemicals and tools. Cleaning chemicals are made particularly for cleaning clocks. So, to better preserve our clock we need to use the best clock cleaning solution. Although you can make a homemade clock cleaning solution all by yourself, in this article we will talk about a few best homemade clock cleaning solution and tools for your convenience.
#Top 5 Best Clock Repair Kit in the Market – Editor’s Pick
Table of Contents
1. L & R Clock Cleaning Concentrate:
This is our first product for you. It is important to have a safe environment and wear protection for your eyes and skin while you handle this product. After use, clean the chemical and dispose of the unused amount. Keep away from pet animals and babies/kids. Wear glasses and protective gloves during use. It is an irritable and highly inflammable object. You can dispose of this chemical by diluting it with distilled water and then through the sewer system if permitted by government law.
- This chemical is stable.
- You cannot use it near open flames and heat.
- It is a strong acid.
- There is no hazardous reaction.
- This is a Strong acid.
- There is no hazardous reaction.
- It is a Highly flammable object.
2. Horace Whitlock Clock Oil Kit:
The next product on our list is a clock oiling kit from Horace. The Whitlock oil has a beautiful light golden color. It is a synthetic material. You can use this with mechanical clocks only. The package weighs a little over a quarter of a pound.
- This product has a very quick delivery from the vendor. You will get the product within two to four business days.
- This product is good to use on mechanical clocks. According to the vendor’s claim, they have tested the kit on over three thousand clocks over the past ten years.
- This comes with full instruction on the use of the product.
- You can also use it with any kind of mechanical device.
- This oil does not show any signs of collecting dust, gumming up, eating through varnishes, or lacquers.
- No cons so far.
3. Vastar Watch Repair Kit:
On our shortlist, the next is another awesome product for clock cleaning from Vastar – clock repair kit. This comes with the full repair kit which includes a spring bar set, linking pin for bands of your clock, and a case for carrying everything.
- In the kit, you will find a complete set of repair tools. 151 pieces of tools to be precise.
- You can use it as a professional kit or just own it as a hobby.
- This is a complete solution for almost all kinds of maintenance problems.
- The case opener is adjustable at a size of 52mm. You can open both oversized and general-sized clocks. This tool is the most perfect tool for professional watchmakers or repairers. It is awesome for its ease of use, convenience, practicality, portability, durability. If you are a collector, it can be your prized possession.
- You can even remove the straps of your watch with the watchband remover. If you have this, there will be no need for you to go to a repair shop a second time. You can use this to change your clock’s batteries, and remove gaskets, etc.
- There is a nylon zip case for storing the tools. It is highly portable, and you can fix a clock anywhere you want.
The 52mm case opener helps you to open all types of waterproof clock cases.
- This is a one-stop solution for most clock and watches cleaning problems.
- No cons so far.
4. BYNIIUR Watch Repairing Kit:
The next on our list is the Watch repairing kit from Byniiur. It contains a full set of openers like spring bars, back of the clock case or watch case, pin tool for removing straps of the watches. It comes with a manual and a carrying case.
- It is a complete kit with about 155 pieces of tools. This is a professional-grade toolset. But if you are not a professional, this could be one of your collector’s items.
- The kit has everything you would ever need. Extra-large wrench to open the cases of your clock or wristwatch.
- Among the tools, there are case pry, tweezers, five different screwdrivers, band holder, spring bar remover tools, etc.
- There is also a 55mm case opener wrench. Tasks like opening the cover at the back of your clock or watch, adjusting your wristband, battery changing, band remover, resizer of your watch, etc. If you have this you would not think of the professional watch repairer ever again.
- The tools are made from stainless steel, and they are practical, easy, portable, and sturdy.
- There is a nylon storage bag to hold all the toolsets.
- Everything a professional watch repairer needs is in the package.
- 12 months of service support with replacement guarantee.
- No cons so far.
5. TIKROUND DIY Replacement of Repair Parts for wall clock:
This clock solution is the TIKROUND DIY replacement of repair parts of your favorite wall clocks. It has black in color and is made from plastic material. You can operate this electrically. It comes in a square shape and weighs about 0.02. There are no batteries inside the package which means you have to buy them yourself. You can mount this on the wall.
- This is the replacement for the core quartz component. It is the center of all actions that take place within the huge outer shell of a clock that we see hanging from the wall.
- This contains the battery and moves the hands of the clock. The kit contains hands of various lengths.
- This is a complete kit for repairing or making a clock.
- You will find one hook with one clock movement mechanism, two-hour hands, two-minute hands, some hardware for mounting, and an instruction manual.
- With this, you can change the whole operating mechanism of a wall clock.
- There is no con so far.
6. DIY Clock Repair Kit:
The next on our list is another no-brand clock repair kit. Although it comes from a non-brand manufacturer, it is an item you cannot just ignore. This will help you repair or completely change the clock into a different one.
- The first thing you have to notice is the package. There are Arabic, and Roman numerals colored in silver and gold.
- Each color has a complete set of different styles for mechanisms and hands.
- This kit will be enough for you because you do not really change the inner mechanisms of a clock every month or year. This kit contains a lot of options for you to choose from – color, style, numbers of hands, etc.
- The height of numerals is 1.1 inches, the length of the shaft is 0.62 inches or 16 mm, the length of the thread is 0.24 inches or 6 mm.
- The movement of the clock is good for 0.35 to 0.51 inches thick panels of clocks, and the hands within the kit are made for clocks with 9.9 to 13.8 inches surfaces.
- It is very easy to use. You can turn any surface into a clock. Glue the numerals on a clean surface, and then position the hand mechanism right at the center of the clock.
- All you have to do is keep the hour and minute hands parallel during the fixing process.
- It is not just for repairing clocks, but you can make a full clock out of this clock DIY kit. Any surface can become your very own personal creation.
- There are no cons so far.
7. Clock Maintenance Liquid with 3“ needle tip:
The next item on our list is a liquid clock cleaning solution with a 3 inches long needle tip. This also is a non-brand item. The liquid is one hundred percent synthetic oil for all kinds of clocks. It will clean rusts and sticky stuff from clock mechanisms. You do not have to worry about your clock becoming gummy anymore.
- One oz bottle of liquid. Supreme quality lubricant for clock mechanisms.
- It prevents corrosion, and there is no foul odor at all.
- This liquid bearing is far superior to other petro-lubricants because they leave a sticky residue when they evaporate.
- Liquid bearing is a product of synthesis action, in other words, it is a customized product created so that it will not evaporate, and nor it will leave a residue.
- It is safe to use with plastic and does harm to any painted surface.
- It is also good for reels of fishing rods, guns, and anything that needs lubricants for cleaning.
- Offers money return warranty.
- It has a money refund policy.
- This does not leave any sticky residue.
- No cons so far.
8. Oiler pen with needles:
The next on our list is a two-oil pen pack with needles to work with. The bottom part of the pens are storage for oil, and the rest of the pen holds the needle.
- The pen holds about five milliliters of synthetic oil of the best quality. This is suitable for all kinds of clocks.
- There is a protective cover for all the pens.
- There is a clip with which you can just keep it in your pocket safely.
- One pack is enough to oil more than a dozen clocks.
- Best quality synthetic oil means there will be no sticky situation or residue.
- Protective cover and pocket clip let you carry the pen in your pocket.
- There are no cons so far.
9. Full Servicing Kit for Clocks:
This is like the one-pack has all kinds of solutions for all of your clock-related worries. This clock servicing kit has a set of gloves, an oil pen with needles, a brush, picks made from bamboo for cleaning dirt and grease, a lint-free cloth, and more. This is a one-stop solution for your clock cleaning problems.
- The lube comes in a tube and pen.
- The kit has a reusable microfibre cloth, wooden picks, gloves, and needles.
- Everything you will ever need to grease your clocks is here in the kit.
- There is none so far.
10. Horace Whitlock’s 100%Synthetic Oil for Clocks:
The last item on our list is from Horace Whitlock. It is a one hundred percent synthetic oil for clocks. The kit contains one 15ml squeezable bottle full of synthetic oil, a gauge with a blunt end, the cap for the bottle, and rubber caps for the needle end.
- You can service about seventy-five clocks with this kit.
- The oil is synthetic so will not leave a residue.
- This oil has a very long shelf life.
- The oil comes in a Squeezable bottle.
- The needle gauge lets you drop the exact amount of oil to the exact place.
- The oil is safe on plastic.
- The oil will not soften up varnishes or lacquer.
- Safe to use on plastic.
- It does not soften up the vanishes and lacquer.
- There is no con so far.
How to Use Horolene Clock Cleaner:
The Horolene clock cleaner liquid is water-based. It is a good solution for cleaning all kinds of non-ferrous metallic objects. You can even use it with copper and brass. This formula comes from the best materials.
- You have to dilute the formula with water from one part formula to seven parts water.
- Pour the diluted formula into a suitable jar or container. You can use a glass jar or thick hard plastic container. You can also use a plastic bucket or gallon.
- Now disassemble all the clock parts and put them into the solution.
- Let them soak for a period recommended in the instruction.
- This will remove the tarnish. You will need more time if the condition of the tarnish is worse.
- You can lightly brush the parts with a code B34118 Bristle Pure brush.
- After the time, remove the parts from the container and properly rinse using hot water.
- Remove extra moisture and wipe them dry and let them dry even more under a heater or fan.
- Keep the concentrated solution in its original container. Always dilute when you need it.
- Even if there is a color change the effectiveness will not hamper.
How to use Clock Cleaning fluid:
- For normal cleaning, you will have to use 1 part of cleaning concentrated fluid with 7 parts of water.
- Use cold water. Put the mixture in a plastic container. Choose suitable sizes according to the size of clock parts.
- Put the clock parts inside the mixture and let it soak completely. Keep them there as long as the tarnish is not gone.
- For the best result keep the parts within the mixture for thirty minutes.
- Take a brush and lightly clean the parts where needed.
- Repeat the process from steps 3 to 5, until you have the desired result.
- If you have the result you wanted, give an ultimate final rinse with warm water.
- Then dry with a paper towel slowly and nicely and put them under the sun or fan or near a fan heater.
How to use clock cleaning spray:
- Cleaning with spray is just like soaking in a diluted formula. Use 1 part chemical and seven parts cold water and mix them in a spray canister or bottle.
- Shake them well to mix well.
- Put the clock parts on a plastic sheet. The sheet has to be big enough so that stray chemicals do not fall on the floor.
- Now take each part of the clock and spray nicely over it. Or you can just line them up and spray nicely all over them and then turn them over and spray again on them. Completely coat them with the chemical.
- Let the parts soak properly for some time – around half an hour.
- Rinse with hot water.
- If the result is not good, repeat steps from 3 to 6.
- When you are satisfied, dry them with a paper towel and put them under a fan, or near a heater, or in the sun.
- Wear protective gloves, glasses, masks, boots, and clothing.
- Do not inhale.
- Bad for eyes, skin, and respiratory system.
- Work with this highly flammable liquid in a space with excellent airflow and ventilation.
- Do not work near spark, heat, fire, electrical sources. Work within a neutral space.
- Do not smoke while working or handling the chemical.
- Use the chemical away from the body as far as possible.
- After use, clean the whole wearable clothing, gloves, mask, glasses, etc., properly and dry nicely.
- Always clean your hands after using.
In this article, we have tried to list some clock cleaning solutions and showed some processes of cleaning clock metal parts. We hope this article gives you some information about the best clock cleaning solution.
How do I use the concentrate?
Dilute one part chemical with seven parts cold water.
Can I directly use the chemical?
No, you must dilute this with water.
Do I have to use a rust preventive solution after cleaning with this chemical?
The concentration removes rust and other dirt, so I guess you do not need to worry about rusting. But if you wish to spray with a rust prevention solution, that should be fine after you properly rinse the cleaning solution off of the clock parts and then dry them properly.